New MOT due

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the revised test is imminent (maybe tomorrow) and certain issues are to be made compulsory rather than advisory.
So, if the MIL is on (even if the emissions are fine) its a fail.....electrical inspection - thats fair enough as is the broken spring syndrome and the ABS lamp illumination.
So.....whether after market cats are going to be good enough for French cars particularly remains to be seen - I've replaced two recently (complete with both lambda sensors) the emissions came right down but not enough to prevent the MIL coming on again.
Oh joy!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I got mine done today :D I noticed that the new(ish) certificate, if you can call it that, has the previous year's mileage on it.
Every year I get told the same thing, "you need to cover your brake pipes in grease and oil" Aye right!

I've just tested a Mazda Bongo today - and the last four speedo readings are recorded! (Pity its in kilometers but no matter).
No advisory either - but I reckon toeing it at 4000 rpm up the A69 first helped with the diesel smoke :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back