New multi cooker installation - cable sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, newbie here but I've been reading the forums and it seems there's a lot of good information here.

I will shortly be installing a new kitchen with multiple built in appliances in the oven area. These are:
Steam oven - 2.2kW
Gas oven - 0.075kW
Microwave oven - 1.25kW
Warmer draw - 0.44 kW
Electric grill - 1.5kW
(All figures supplied by manufacturer)

Each appliance is pre-fitted with flex but no plugs.

I believe that I can use diversity for this installation and have calculated as follows:
total wattage = 5.465kW
amps = 5465/230 = 23.76
10 + (30% x (23.76 - 10)) = 14.128
Add 5 for possible socket = 19.128 A

The actual cable run from the CU to the appliance bank is 13 metres. The current cable is 6mm T&E.

Questions are:
Is my calculation correct?
Is the cable size OK ?
I assume each appliance needs a fused, switched spur?
As appliances will be in tall carcasses I need to place the switched spurs to one side of the installation. How do I "daisy chain" the incoming supply?
Can I run 4mm T&E (under plaster) from each switched spur to another junction box directly behind each appliance?

I'm hoping that someone may have done this sort of thing before and have some thoughts on the best way forward.

Regards

Ali

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back