New Programmable Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved into a new property, the house had a new boiler 6 months ago, which is an Ideal combi i30, it currently has an analogue style dial thermostat which seems absolutely useless.

I would like to replace it with a 7 day programmable stat, of the likes of honeywell etc.

I have looked and the current stat is wired with just two wires, but there is an earth there if needed. Is a 7 say day prog stat such as this one compatible with my boiler?

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/honeywell-cmt907-7-day-programmerable-room-thermostat/

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The CM907 will do nicely. Just connect the two wires of the old stat to terminals A and B of the new one. The earth wire must not be connected and should be made safe by fixing to a terminal block and hiding in the wall.

If the boiler has a timer, this should be set to permanently on, so it does not conflict with the CM907.

Thanks, It does have a clock on the front with micro switches to select the on and off periods, or it can be set to perminantely on, I presume you mean turn the boiler to always on and then the stat will shut it off and on as required, rather than set all the micro switches to the on position?

Thanks

I have my boiler timer set to permanently on so my CM907 does all the work.
There is no need to fiddle with the micro-thingies on the dial.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back