New rad cold at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The radiator in the en suite has been replaced. The system is fed from an F&E tank in loft and was drained and refilled to have the rad changed. The system was bled and the rad appeared to be working fine. It then got It was cold at the top and hot at bottom so we bled it and it was lovely and hot all through. Now it is cold at the top again.

When the rad was replaced it was fitted with a TRV although none of the other rads have TRV's.

Does it need balancing or inhibitor or something else? :confused:

Sponsored Links
if its been drained/refilled it can take a while for all the air to work its way out the system. bleed it again.

would be advisable to put inhibitor back into the system.

I have bled again now so we will see how it gets on. I should really have put some inhibitor in as well though :oops:

It being the only rad with a TRV won't be a problem then? We don't need to put TRV's on all or none of them do we?

Sponsored Links
won't be a problem.
don't have to have them.

i can't stand them and won't have them on any of my rads.
and mainy customers always ask for them to removed or don't fit them.

Seeing as the system keeps needing to be bled, throw some inhibitor into the header tank before you next have to bleed air out.

Don't be surprised if it needs bleeding again next week, then next month, then next quarter etc. etc. until all the air is out of the system.

If it needs bleeding after the same interval every time, that might indicate a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back