New radiator added to system not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Added a new radiator to the system but its not heating up.

Have bled the radiator, all fine.
Pipes are hooked up to the correct flow.
No leaks in valves, pipes or radiator.
Pressure is fine on the boiler.
Hot water & hot rads everywhere else.
Valves are fully turned to on position (duh!)

Taken its feed a rad close to it, I've noticed that pipes to the new rad are hot all the way to the radiator but its just not heating up.
Could it be the valves or somehow faulty? Theyre manual valves and i've tried turning them on & off multiple times and even removed the gland nut and added a little wd40, no joy.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Pipes connected to the correct flow ? Flow and return is guess you mean ,what type of system have you .any photos

Pipes connected to the correct flow ? Flow and return is guess you mean ,what type of system have you .any photos

Here you go, it's hooked up to an existing rad on the other side of the wall. Flow out of the existing rad goes to flow in on the new one (although I don't believe it matters hugely if hooked up backwards)

Attachments

• 16975666931833261138978348766091.jpg
    16975666931833261138978348766091.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Heres the other side of the wall

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 46
Highly unlikely that the microbore ,10 mm is it , can supply both those rads effectively.
Close the lockshield on the old rad and see if new one heats fully.

It's 8mm, will try closing lockshield.
Assume 15mm pipe would work?

It's 8mm, will try closing lockshield.
Assume 15mm pipe would work?
8mm , no chance. I assume new rad has baffle fitted ,and the flow must enter into a specific port ,probably the left, is that so ? If it is ,it's plumbed wrongly too.

If I took a 15mm feed off the existing rad would that work, or does the whole system need to be changed to 15mm?

If I took a 15mm feed off the existing rad would that work, or does the whole system need to be changed to 15mm?
No it wouldn't. The feed and returns to the new rad should be dedicated to it from the main flow and return runs ( or their manifolds ,which are more likely on your system)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back