New Radiator Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,

i have a question about whether a new radiator is big enough to heat my apartment because our building a plumber just told me that it might not be.

I live in New York, USA, in an apartment that used to have a living room with a dining alcove and had 1 long radiator that serviced the entire area. I recently converted the dining alcove into a 2nd bedroom and had to Split the radiator so that there is a separate radiator in the living room and one in the bedroom.

The living room is 30 feet by 12 1/2 feet and the new radiator in the living room is 48 inches and has 2 pipes going through it and the "accordian-like" grills (i don't know the exact name) are approximately 4 inches in width. Also, the ceiling is 8 feet and we like the room to be a little warmer than average.

Our building plumber said that there should be 3 pipes going through it and the "accordianlike" grills should be 6-8 inches in width.

Do you agree with the building plumber that I should change it or do you think that this radiator set up is OK ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
Lee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back