New radiator pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post by rank amateur.
I have been tasked by she who must be obeyed to replace downstairs rads with cast iron style rads. One new vertical rad is located in a new position in the lounge. There are pipes the other side of the wall in the kitchen and I have the option of Teeing off 22mm pipes that are coming vertically down the wall or off the 15mm pipes just below the TRV and lockshield on the kitchen rad. If coming off the 22mm pipes is best I am not sure how to cut these as no room for a pipe cutter or hacksaw. I have a Dremel but the disks are only 38mm diameter. I could also come off the 15mm behind the skirting which would make getting all the water out easier I guess. One other thing is that the skirting in the lounge is 7" and I want to run the pipework along the top of the skirting so the T in the kitchen would need to be approx 7" high. Just looking for some advice from people with more, a lot more, knowledge and experience than I have. What would you do. Thanks in advance.
Kitchen rad.jpg

Lounge rad.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back