new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i replaced an excisting radiator today as the old one had rusted through now none of the radiators work, i get hot water i have bled all the rads but nothing help

Sponsored Links
Did you drain the system before replacing the rad, if you did you could still have air in the system but not in the rads. Does any of your pipe work go up then across then down forming an inverted U where air could be trapped. Large pockets of air can not easily be pushed along pipe work, as air is compressible.
You could try increasing the boiler temperture and the pump speed.
Also you could try closing down all the rads except the first or last one in the circuit. If you can get one hot and the water is circulating around the system, each other rad can be opened and bled till all are working.
I know easier said than done!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you have a motorized valve put this in manual position then drain the system down again and refill.I normally find the air pocket build up around the motorized area if it was shut in the first place,then go to the nearest radiator and bleed it from there and on to the next one.

Sponsored Links
If you have a motorized valve put this in manual position then drain the system down again and refill.I normally find the air pocket build up around the motorized area if it was shut in the first place,then go to the nearest radiator and bleed the air from there and go on to the next one.Make sure the bleed valve is open on the highest radiator and a person by it :!:
Don't forget to put the motorized valve back to auto position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back