new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi were having some work done in the local club, basicly the cellar is being made into another room which is fairly big, i think its 112m square buy 2.4 meters high.
The radiators that r going to be fit are 1600 x 600 double panal double convector radiators there will be 5 of these plus there is already 7 quite large radiators these are fitted to a baxi 28 kw boiler.
The plumbers say that this boiler will struggle with the amount of radiators is this correct and if so what size boiler would be needed

Sponsored Links
Without full details of the size of the premises, irrespective of what radiators exist, and what rads are proposed it will be very difficult to give an accurate assessment of the boiler output requirements.

If the Plumber is a Registered Heating Engineer, then I would not question his judgement, as he can only advise on your existing hot water / Central Heating requirements.

Should you be questioning his expertise, then I can only advise, you seek at least two other quotes.

I can understand your concern, as it will involve more expense, but as a registered Gas Engineer, we can only advise what your requirements are, and in the majority of cases, we are not trying to 'sting you'. We do not wish problems later on more than you.

Easiest just to run the boiler and see how it performs.
If it is a cellar chances are it is quiet well insulated so once
up to temperature will need very little heat to maintain it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back