new ravenheat boiler keeps showing up as overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having new ravenheat condensing boiler fitted but when its being started the number 04 comes up on the digital clock and the book says its overheating although its only been turned on for about a minute, engineer says he has tried but cant find whats wrong, any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Is he CORGI registered and do you have his number?

Have you checked it on the CORGI web site?

If he is registered and is so stupid that he cannot find the fault they will be able to give him some advice.

Some of us have even got an out of hours number to call Ravenheat. I have never needed to though.

Tony

yes he is corgi and i do have his number on a form i will need to fill in, are :LOL: corgi registered plumbers stupid if they cannot find a fault, obviously you know whats wrong then? come on tell us then stop keeping secrets

I dont know whats wrong as I have not been there.

However, he has probably not spun the pump or ensured all the air has been removed.

I expect anyone installing a boiler should be able to read and understand the installation instructions.

You would be surprised how many even CORGI do not know they should spin the pump. How to check it or open the AAV !

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply i wont want to tell him his job but i will mention these things to him and any other that may come as it could be (hopefully) a small thing like that that has slipped his mind

thanks for your reply i wont want to tell him his job but i will mention these things to him and any other that may come as it could be (hopefully) a small thing like that that has slipped his mind

These are the most basic parts of boiler installation. I would say that he has no clue about how boilers work and just bangs them on the wall.

If you look then you could probably check the pump is turning yourself and that the AAV is open yourself.

As far as anything slipping someones mind, I was speaking to a nupty boiler installer today who had given his name and address but CORGI have no recond of anyone registered near there.

I asked his CORGI number and he says he cannot remember it! Now this is a number which costs £2k-£3k to train for and no normal person would ever forget it. I then asked him to look on his CORGI photocard. He said he did not have it with him. He is an illegal and a liar and it will probably cost the Owner £84 if I have to go round and then find its the installers error!

Tony

like you said, you don't know whats wrong as you have not been there, and i wish i could fix every boiler by just checking the pump and bleeding!
Ravenheats are one of the worst manufactures i've ever known, the amount of times i've phoned the manufacturer and even they have been wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back