new rayburne plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: This is my first query so please try to be tolerant of an old man!
I have just replaced an old solid fuel Rayburne (hot water and cooking -open vented direct cylinder) with a new one (216SFW) with indirect cylinder serving a single radiator and after researching the web have connected the pump in the flow (after the cold supply (15mm) and the vent pipe (22mm) 10mm apart). When the stove is burning well the expansion tank seems to get preference is qite warm and very periodically receives what sounds like a release (venting?) of air. The flow and return are in 28mm (both less than 2M in length) and the hot water system is nowhere near as efficient as the poor, battered old thing sitting out on my drive.The requirement of vent O/L needing to be at least 1.33Xhead is not mentioned in web info. (head is 1M and vent is over 1.3M).
Any advice will be much appreciated.because I anticipate a reaction to noise from my next door neighbour.Be assured that it is not my stomach though it has a familiar ring to it.

Sponsored Links
Who fitted this for you?

Was building control notified?

Tony

Sounds like you had a cowboy installer. The best thing to do is to get a good one in to finish the job properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back