New Riello oil burners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just put a Grant Combi in and ran it for three days and the bugger sooted up.
It's got the new low nox burner blast tube (Riello 2.2) which tapers in and not out.
Are these really difficult to set up? I'm used to the other normal old Riello burners.

Sponsored Links
They are a bit more sensitive to the settings I believe. The boiler manual should give you the required CO/CO2

There have been issues with these. When first introduced the burners were producing higher than usual levels of CO so Grant recommended increasing the pump pressure and using a narrower angled nozzle (60 degree) with a solid pattern.

They also recommend setting CO2 at 12.5 per cent which instinctively seems a bit high and with ambient temperatures low during the winter it will be interesting to see if warmer weather brings more sooting issues.

What is the KW output of the boiler and did you set it up in accordance with the MI for this new burner?

Sponsored Links
Read the book and set to the gauge you get with the burner and set the co2 1% lower than the
Book says you'll have no probs I've set about 40 up to now and no probs IMHO I think the co2
Settings are too high.Bob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back