New Saniflo - only pumps water every 2min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Last week I had a new saniflo saniplus installed. It pumps away the water just fine (so far), from the toilet, shower and sink. Once I run the shower the saniplus pumps away the water approx every 10 seconds. So far it's similar to the old saniplus I had. After that however the frequency of pumping away the water slows to eventually about once every 2 minutes (!!).

If I listen to the pipes outside my flat I can hear that water is flowing, however I get the feeling that this is purely because the water level in the saniplus rises to such a level that it builds up and finds it way outside automatically.

Surely this is not what it's meant to do? Could this be a faulty switch of some sort (despite it being a new machine) ?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
What happens during this 2minutes of "not pumping"?

How is the discharge pipe terminated?
Is the pipe lower than the unit?

The unit does work!! As you said the Saniplus kicks in and flushes, All i can think is if the discharge pipe is low resistance i.e correct diameter and it runs horrizontal towards drain at parts it could in principal syphon away , depending on the flow rate entering the unit from the shower.

If the rate of flow from shower was greater you may find it kicks in more often!

Try?? Run shower to the point it stopps coming on, then flush a bucket of water into the shower waste, or simply run the sink tap???

Could be completely wrong!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back