New scantronic 9448 not working after reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I diy fitted a new scantronic 9448. Had it programmed ok and was doing the walk test where I noticed the E/E was not responding. Wandered off to do something else, came back, opened the cover without thinking what I was doing and set off the full alarm at 9 o'clock at night. In a panic I entered the user code (probably wrong as I'd set it to an unfamiliar number) then the engineer code but forgot to do 0 enter. So as everyone was now shouting I pulled the battery and power, disconnected 12v and left it for the night.
Came back to it today after work. Reconnected power - all unexpectedly quiet. Connected up 12v, closed cover and exited program and full alarm goes off. This time used the user code and 0enter7890 but didn't stop. Pulled power, battery and disconnected 12vs again. Decided to try the reset as per manual. After reset still no internal alarm at initialisation. I input the engineer code and expect all the LEDs to flash and there to be a background tone but only power indicator and number buttons are lit. Attempted to program but nothing happens - keypad buttons bleep but that's all. Discovered the sounder was still working when I went to remove the 12v and pirs are also receiving power. Decided to try another reset but no joy.
Have I broke it?
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It's not looking good... :(

Disconnect the external sounder (if you haven't already) and link the tamper input to 0V - that way, you won't annoy the neighbours when you power it down. Disconnect everything, including everything connected to the AUX 12V supply, and try the full factory reset again (powering up with the reset pins shorted).

What did you have connected to E/E? Was it just your front door contact? If you get the panel up and running again, double-check all your cabling at both ends.

Good luck...

Hi 82, yes it was just the front door and fortunately the easiest bit to rewire. Thanks for the tip on shutting up the sounder - the neighbours will be grateful. Wish I'd known about that before I started. Fingers crossed for another reset and I'll post back the result.

Sponsored Links
Have you replaced your outside sounder as this is obviously faulty, it should have sounded when you removed all the power to the panel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back