New shed condensation

Did you do a felt roof on the new one? Since the very cold snap the felt on mine has wrinkled, i guess because Expansion of the osb roof and no elasticity in the felt, so it hasn't shrunk back flat
No I didn't want to risk any leaks doing a DIY job with the blow-torch (and the previous one was felt which failed prematurely but I suspect the roofer was a cowboy). Used a single piece of EPDM roofing this time. No problems with the cold snap thus far.

Sponsored Links
I noticed this winter our shed has had condensation dripping from the roof inside (wooden roof with felt).
I was thinking of fixing some Kingspan to the underside as that has kept the garage warmer and condensation free (from the roof)

I noticed this winter our shed has had condensation dripping from the roof inside (wooden roof with felt).
I was thinking of fixing some Kingspan to the underside as that has kept the garage warmer and condensation free (from the roof)

Is the water vapour coming from the floor?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure?
I noticed some wet drips on the shelf tops and thought the roof was leaking, however it isn't but i can see some drips and feel the wetness on the inside of the roof. The thin single glass window (bonded to outside) has been frozen with the cold

Let me put it another way

Does it have, for example, a concrete floor in contact with the damp earth, and no dpm?

Or gutters and downpipes that dribble down the walls?

Let me put it another way

Does it have, for example, a concrete floor in contact with the damp earth, and no dpm?

Or gutters and downpipes that dribble down the walls?

The wooden floor is raised off the ground by a few inches (soil underneath), never had any damp in the lower part of the shed (floor/ walls)

It has a sloping roof which overhangs onto nothing so no gutters

The drips are all over the inside of the roof - at the lower/ highest and central points - no screws or nails poking through for the water to make its way through

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back