New shed/office out building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if i am limited on the size of my new outbuilding i am planning.

I want to make a new shed to replace my concrete garage and will also put a little office on the side.

The building will be 9m wide x 4m in length. Max height will be 2.5m at the front and will have a mono pitch roof falling to the back. The office will take up 3m of width and the shed area will be 6m wide.

I have read about a max size of 30sqm somewhere and wondered if anyone can clarify if i can do such a build.

The concrete garage is 9.5m x 3m in size and will be coming down once this new shed is built.

Sponsored Links
Do you need build regs for a sectional garage over 30sqm then ?

My building is a shed with a small office next to it. The office will be 12sqm. The shed 24sqm.

Unless the office and the shed are two separate buildings it needs to comply, technically speaking. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Do you need build regs for a sectional garage over 30sqm then

If you could argue that the garage is a "building where people don't normally go", rather than a "small detatched building" then the 30m2 limit would not apply.

Ok, so do i have to argue with BC about this ? I have BC already out on my extension, so i will ask him about it next time he comes.

Its is not a garage, but a big shed (6x4m) with a dividing wall and next door will be an office (3x4m). I am removing my 9x3m sectional garage as part of my new extension and this new shed will be set at the bottom of the garden to replace the garage. At the same time i thought i may as well build in a small office as these seem in demand today and it won't be that much more work.

You won't need to argue then, it's as per explained earlier in the thread.

How close is to any boundary? That will be your issue with building regs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back