new shower installed and still low pressure and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 6 months ago, my shower started running cold and slow. I notified the water board and they increased the pressure but the problem persisted. Eventually they fitted some gadget onto my water supply for a week and declared that my water pressure was above the legal limit. I have lived here for 15 years and never had a problem before.

The plumber suggested a new shower and fitted a Triton T100xr.

Same problem - (although I have a good flow of water) and now I have a light that shows it is on low pressure with only cold water. It does work sometimes, and quite randomly, but never first thing in the morning.

The plumber says he has spoken to Triton and has to re pipe the shower. I don't understand that as surely, if that was the issue, it would always be on low pressure??

Any advice would be gratefully received.

At the moment I am using a cheap plastic one connected to the bath taps and at least I have a shower that works!!

Sponsored Links
low pressure in the morning willb be caused by most people doing the same thing you are trying to do! (Showering) or filling the kettle, brushing their teeth. If you have good pressure at the taps but not the shower then theres a problem with the pipework to the shower, but it sounds to me like a problem with the mains supply! have they done any work outside on the mains recently?

low pressure in the morning willb be caused by most people doing the same thing you are trying to do! (Showering) or filling the kettle, brushing their teeth. If you have good pressure at the taps but not the shower then theres a problem with the pipework to the shower, but it sounds to me like a problem with the mains supply! have they done any work outside on the mains recently?

Thanks for your replyh
There is plenty of water coming out of the shower, and it never used to matter whether anyone was running a tap or the washing machine was on, although now, with everything else off, still no hot water. The water company insist it is nothing to do with them and they say they have done their best. As I said, I have lived here for 15 years and never had this problem. Could it be that I switched boilers to a combi? I discounted that as I had the new combi boiler for over 6 months before this problem occurred. I am loathe to get the plumber back to do more work and still no hot water.

hi, when you initially turn on a tap does the water flow quite fast but slows down after a few seconds?

Sponsored Links
hi, when you initially turn on a tap does the water flow quite fast but slows down after a few seconds?

No, the water flow is good (better than the previous shower), but the low pressure light comes on almost immediately. The flow doesn't seem to affect whether the low pressure light/cold water comes on or not.

did the water board tell you what pressure your main was running at?

They did - but it didn't mean much to me, so I can't remember. It was above the legal limit though. Whatever that is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back