New shower not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a newly installed Bathstore Atlas shower which is not draining at the same rate as water goes in. Even if the trap in the shower tray is disassembled the water is still not drawn away. Water sits in the waste with the level going up an down as if there's an airlock.

I am going to get a plunger today in case the pipe is blocked - which I doubt.

The plumber has used 45mm o/d (innacurate measurement) pipe under a 3.8 metre floor going out through the wall to the waste stack. The shower base is mounted on a 4" base. Has sufficient drainage capability been designed in?

Any advice much appreciated as sooner or later the kids are gonna flood the bathroom floor.

Sponsored Links
Not enough fall on the pipe or partial obstruction in the pipe.
Hope the floor aint tiled :eek:

;)

After I wrote the post I spotted some similar postings with fall rates defined. The problem for me is going to be proving the point with the tart of a plumber that did the install. Give him the benefit of the doubt I've bought a plunger so will give that a go tonight.

I'm posting a picture shortly of plumbers excuse of a shower pump installation - this will show you the standard of his work. Look for the post shortly - I think it may make you laugh!

Should still drain away , you have not by chance tiled the area and washed the grout/cement down the trap

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back