New shower not operating correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all.

Recently moved into a new house that had all gold/brass trim bathroom. The shower was a wall mounted thermostatic mixer which worked fine until the cartridge failed. Instead of buying a new one we opted for all new chrome equipment.

....fitted the new therm. mixer shower however it would not turn on. No water would come from the large rain forest head. Only a slight trickle but not enough to turn on the pump in the loft. The only way I could get it working would be to either loosen one of the 1/2" inlet fittings until the water sprayed everywhere or turn on the hand held attatchment that comes out just above the valve.

Cut a very long story short. RMA'd the shower and got a new one. Just fitted it and exactly the same problem.

Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Not enough initial flow due to insufficient head of water above height of the shower head probably....

Cheers for the reply mate. I did think this may be the issue at first, as my tank in the loft is at the same height as the shower pump.

However, this poses the question as to how the old shower worked perfectly. As I said, if I turn on the shower nothing happens apart from a very small trickle from the head, if I then select the hand held wand it turns on perfectly. I can then turn the hand held off and the shower head comes to life???

Sponsored Links
Check with the pump manufacturer to see if they do a switch which primes the shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back