new showere and 45a mcb (MK) crackling sound problem

I don't think there is although its hard to tell, I'm pretty sure theres not.
I noticed another message talking about the electric meter itself, does this have a bearing upon my consumer unit in terms of maximum power supply. ie noise more prominent when evrything is switched on in house.

How do I work this meter supply power out.

Sponsored Links
As said, remove bus bar and cables and loosen off even more then tighten up, look down into the mcb and does it 'look correct' the way its gripping the cable.

Obviously youve said its the suppliers end, but check your connections (all of them, first.)

A photo might help, so people can offer some advice prior to calling the REC)

I have found the ampage on my main supply fuse from the power company, its 60 amp, The fuse cover is upside down and its tiny printing into the fuse case itself.

Is this why my shower mcb and fuse makes noise, because its on the verge of overload.

I have contacted the power company and arranged for a 100 a free upgrade, will this elivate, cure the problem I have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back