New sockets

Just spend the £7.50 and keep the 2.5mm² for when you need that.

Then you won't have to come back and ask about ring circuit limitations when you want to add more sockets.

Sponsored Links
Just spend the £7.50 and keep the 2.5mm² for when you need that.

Then you won't have to come back and ask about ring circuit limitations when you want to add more sockets.

Is a 4mm cable on a 32A mcb ok? I thought a radial circuit in 4mm should be on a 20A. Just what I've read and very happy to be corrected!

When you mention ring circuit limitations, do you mean the maximum area the ring can cover or something else?

Sponsored Links
Is a 4mm cable on a 32A mcb ok?
Yes.

I thought a radial circuit in 4mm should be on a 20A.
Not correct.
You can have a 2.5mm² radial on a 20A (or 25A)

When you mention ring circuit limitations, do you mean the maximum area the ring can cover or something else?
No, I mean all the special rules involving FCUs etc.

On a radial you can add as many branches (spurs) and with as many sockets on them as you want.

Is a 4mm cable on a 32A mcb ok? I thought a radial circuit in 4mm should be on a 20A. Just what I've read and very happy to be corrected!
Yes, provided the cable is not 'buried in insulation' etc., 4mm² is OK for 32A. 4mm² 32A radials are perfectly 'standard'.
Ah that's for 2.5mm radial?
That's right.

Kind Regards, John

Yes, provided the cable is not 'buried in insulation' etc., 4mm² is OK for 32A. 4mm² 32A radials are perfectly 'standard'.
That's right.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks. Perhaps 4mm radial off the 6mm is better then. Avoiding testing issues in the future as you say and seems more common in this instance.

Is a 4mm cable on a 32A mcb ok?
screenshot_1347.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back