New speeding trap idea.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This was sent to me via e-mail from my friend ex-policeman.
Can you see the invisible line for speeding? The give away is the 2 grey/blue post on each side.
g156.jpg

Well you can now ! This picture was taken with a special camera so you can see it
g7.jpg

This is a set up for a ongoing tests for the future to catch yer ! I give up.

Sponsored Links
sorry to be alkward, i dont think it was taken with a special camera, if you look carefully at the first picture you can see the grey lines (yes seeing the second picture does help) but i would say its the angle that the picture was taken from that lets you see the lines.

First picture they are to the front of you

second picture they are almost directly to the left

it may detect you but how is going to say it was YOU, and say not the bloke behind you, i am asking where is the camera?

In Canada there is a warehouse that ids full of speed cameras, they ripped them ALL out

breezer said:
i dont think it was taken with a special camera
You're properly right, if you look carefully, the 2nd picture colour setting change slightly to highlight it for you to see. My mate has sent me the details regarding these type of speed trap from their website.

This type of speedtrap is only active when a camera is hooked up to it and it's not a fixed camera.
Some police forces use a system called DS2, also known as Speedmaster and Autovision also known as Plug and Pay, which consists of three strips buried into the road and a small grey post to connect the camera. In the image below, you can see them clearly. If you look just in front of the yellow sign, you can see a dropped kerb and the grass is a different texture. This is where the Talivan sits and a wire is then plugged into the post. And finally, notice how the post is right next to the signposts, this is an attempt at trying to obscure it like they do with Gatsos.Also notice the strips only go halfway across the road,so if you drive on the other side of the road, your speed won't be measured.
g6.jpg

Well just look at the place, it's not as if it's an open country road with no houses , shops , schools or heaven forbid even pedestrians all over the place now is it. !!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
These devices are used by the mobile camera units. The strips in the road are sensors to trigger the camera. The van pulls up, plugs in, and snaps each time a car passes over the strips.

The only logical conclusion to the government's speed argument is that, if speed kills then remove it. Completely. Under the rule of Gatso a presbyopic, plastic-hipped nonagenarian doing 30 in a forty-year-old Morris Minor is safer than Micheal Schumacker doing 35 in a brand new Ferrari. So, this being the case, why not simply make the national speed limit a big, fat zero? Makes as much sense as every other lowest-common-denominator policing policy, doesn't it?

How about leaving your doors unlocked with all your valuables piled up inside the hallway along with a printed invitation to enter and take your pick? Burglaries will suddenly be a thing of the past.

We could eradicate mugging too, if everybody was required to carry a 'fair game - no blame' card. (I was asking for it, your honour!)

And another thing. If some lowlife is found guilty of Vandalism, ABH, or whatever, for a first offence (and more often than not up to the 14th), they get a conditional discharge. A speeding motorist, no chance. First offence or not, you get a fine :evil: :evil: :evil:

So the message seems to be. Doing 50 mph where there is a 40 mph limit is more of a crime than beating someone up, burglary, or just about anything that doesn't involve children.

TexMex said:
Doing 50 mph where there is a 40 mph limit is more of a crime than beating someone up
Beating someone up doesn't make money

If we all stick to the speed limit, would income tax go up ?

Beating someone up doesn't make money ..

Only if you nick their wallet afterwards! (said in jest obviously I'm not condoning violen crime)

We're a soft target. Remember back at school. Now tell me, did the class bully pick on the big guy with lots of friends, or the small quiet kid with less friends?

It is much easier to convict and charge non-criminals than it is to do the same with hardened thugs who don't mind beating up someone's granny to steal £5.

A colleague of mine received a ticket through the post at the weekend: 52mph in a 40 limit. Now, this road used to be a 70mph dual carriageway, but someone decided to lower it to 60, then 50, and recently 40. It is easily suitable for driving at 70, and lowering it all the way to 40 is just stupid. There is very little traffic on it, there is no reason to walk on it as there is nothing around except for a pedestrian footbridge (and as he found out, a camera van)!!! However, he just grumbles "Fair cop I suppose" and is paying the £60 fine and taking the 3 points, because there is no point in arguing with a posted speed limit no matter how silly it is.

If anyone is taking a trip to Hampton Court and goes via the M3, you will be driving on the A308. The two miles up to Hampton Court have been reduced to a 20mph zone. Nice wide road, perfectly safe at 40, now a 20. I almost always drive at the speed limit everywhere because I don't want to get points, but because I drive at 20mph on this road it is very dangerous. Everyone wants to overtake and generally does it very badly. Also it is a danger for cyclists as they will find themselves travelling as fast as the cars and thus are unlikely to be seen if they happen to be in a blindspot as they will remain there.

Normally 20 mph are in the school zone area which I have to agree.

masona said:
Normally 20 mph are in the school zone area which I have to agree.

Yes, I would agree with that. 20mph outside a school or anywhere with a lot of pedestrians is entirely reasonable. However this road is 2 or 3 miles from the nearest school or train station, and is a main commuter route with no alternatives (runs along the Thames with no road bridges for miles, so people are forced to use it). Also you don't get tourists walking down there as there is a train station right next to Hampton Court, a car park and drop off points for coaches.

In Surrey when they do this sort of thing it is usually done by the council to try and increase support from the electorate. They assume that people would rather cars drove very slowly past their house, and don't seem to realise that lorries bumping over speedhumps rattles the china and upsets the residents instead! Nor that the main road has been there for a lot longer than the residents. They can't be THAT bothered by traffic or they would have moved to a cul-de-sac in the first place! :LOL:

AdamW said:
bumping over speedhumps
Down the road from me we have 16 speedhumps put in last year and now the council are removing them because they are over 100mm high according EU regulations :LOL:

there is a caravan site wells-next-sea (Norfolk, i think it is) they had a200yd rd to the site and put lots of speed bumps on it.

one night motorcylist came, no street lighting, and .............. he died, they ripped them all out and put in rumble ssssstttttrrrrrrrriiiiiiipppppppsssssssss

Sponsored Links
Back