New SVP, how to join?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am putting in a new soil pipe to service a couple of bathrooms and a utility room in an extension.

The house already has a single soil pipe and I am planning on joining the new pipework into the first manhole that the existing pipe runs into. I have started to cut the existing concrete as you can see from the piccys.

The big question is what is the best (and bco compliant) way to do this? Any advice would be greatly received.

Also I need to change the manhole cover to a "boltable" sealed jobby. The manhole will still be in the garage so there will not be any flooring on top of it. I have had a look in a few of the sheds but couldn't work out what I needed. If anyone could post any links of what I am after, that would be great.

Thanki in advance.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Id check with BCO what he wants to see, but the new connection wants to be as low as possible into the existing channel to prevent fouling of the benching opposite. At that angle it will have to come in over the existing pipe, may just need to build benching up to direct flow, but I wouldnt want to guess what the BCO will require. Alternatively may be easier to graft a small plastic chamber into the line before the exisitng manhole?

Cover, you may have to go to a merchants to source that, may not be something the sheds will stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back