New system - Two cold rooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new system fitted a few days ago:

Worchester Greenstar 27CDi
TRV's
New RF Room stat located in hall.

All off the upstairs rad's are on 2 or 3 on the TRV's are nice and warm. The two rad's downstairs (lounge and dining room) are set to 5 and both rad's are not as hot as the upstairs ones and the rooms are a lot colder.

This is the first time I have used a system with TRV's. Am I doing something wrong? Our old system was rubbish but at least all rooms got hot.

The CH temp on the boiler is set to 4. Does this need to go up more?

I will ring our installer on Monday but wondered if there was anything I could do in the meantime.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
As above but turn the CH temp control on the boiler to max and use the room stat to control the heating.

Don't do anything.

The system is days old, get the installer back to do the job properly.
Is the benchmark filled out at all? If so, and I doubt it, post the details that are on there, and I can tell you quickly enough if they are true or false.

It is a cowboy job, and if the bloke does not show up on the double, call GSR, and tell them that you have been advised the system is not installed correctly and that you are worried about safety.

Sponsored Links
I agree with Ben, it's the installers job to get it working, which after all is what you've paid for.

Thanks for all the replies. I spoke to the guy today and he is coming round on Wednesday to have a look for us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back