New tap. tails to 15mm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a new kitchen mixer tap for a mate and looking it seems that the tails all come with 1/2 BSP screw on to connect to 15mm pipe.
I have just re fitted my own tap and brought new tails and used the compression fitting straight onto a 15mm pipe. I much prefer this method but it seems that all taps now come with the BSP fitting end - from the ones I have looked as so far anyway.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Get a couple of these.
Yes I looked into those when doing my own tap, they are good as they stop the normal olive ones cutting the washer on the tails.
But there is already isolator valves so I can work on it nicely.
Was just going to put a new short length in the top of the isolators and tails straight onto that. I prefer the olive compression type tails because i just think its a better job. But looks like taps all come with the 1/ 2 inch BSP.
I may just need to buy some extra tails with the compression fitting.

Yes I looked into those when doing my own tap, they are good as they stop the normal olive ones cutting the washer on the tails.
But there is already isolator valves so I can work on it nicely.
Was just going to put a new short length in the top of the isolators and tails straight onto that. I prefer the olive compression type tails because i just think its a better job. But looks like taps all come with the 1/ 2 inch BSP.
I may just need to buy some extra tails with the compression fitting.
Do what ya gotta do, I've had more leaks with compressions although you'd need another to adapt anyway.

Sponsored Links
Do what ya gotta do, I've had more leaks with compressions although you'd need another to adapt anyway.
I think that over time the rubber deteriorates perhaps but brass olive will not. I know we do it all the time with a washing machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back