new taps and shower not mixing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have just installed a new bath and taps with shower mixer in replacement of an old unit. Our old shower worked absolutely fine and seemed to be the same setup as our new one. Unfortunately when using the new shower we get continuing different water temperature change. one minute the shower is boiling hot and the next it is freezing cold.

Our boiler is a combination boiler and fully aware that if someone uses water else where in the house that this could cause this. However this isn't the case it happens when the shower is the only thing in use.

Is there anyway of sorting this out? At the moment we are thinking that the mixer on the taps is faulty and that we should replace the taps. However don't want to do this if there might be another reason for why it is not working.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks Katy

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for your fast response.

I have just checked and the mixer tap in the kitchen seems to stay at a consistant temp and the boiler stays switched on and making a noise throughout the shower.

Thanks Katy

Sponsored Links
WHat make/model is the boiler? How old?
The prob is usually caused by the boiler being sludged up inside, and may only do it at lowish flow rates.

Thanks for your reply.

The boiler is a Linea 24 and probably about 9 years old. If this is the case how come it doesn't effect my kitchen tap which is also a mixer tap.

My old shower also worked fine and was the same set up as this new one apart from it also had a temperature dial on it which my new one doesn't. Does it sound like my old one was a thermostatic shower? and should I have perhaps replaced it with one of these instead?

Also how doo I unsludge my boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back