New Team Nine.Five Shower low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a New Team Nine.Five Electric Shower with couple of problems :

i) If I have the Double Pole switch already on & then turn the shower on voa the "Power" knob a "Low Pressure" light comes up and the shower doesn't work, However if I then turn the Double pole switch off & back on again it works OK (or if I already have the Power on "Cold/Medium" and then turn pole swich on). How come in one instance the pressure is low then in the other instance is OK ?

ii) I expect that many have experienced the number of Power Knobs that break on these showers if you tend to use the "High Power" setting ?......it seems that going from Medium power to High power puts alot of stress on the inside of the knob & it just breaks away.........anyway, that is not so much a problem in Summer but come Winter (or lets say usual winter as this winter yet hasn't been cold) you need the High power to get a decent temperature shower. So to save the expense & problem of frequently changing the knob in cold winters we leave it on the "High" setting & turn shower off/on via the double pole switch...............is this going to lead to premature failure of the pole switch due to the high current arcing across contacts especially when switching off ?

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back