new toilet waste help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitting heating in my m8's new house at the moment.

his wife came in today and asked if possible to make the big cupboard in the hall into a downstairs loo.

have had a look and it not easy to get the waste away .

the soil stack for the property is approx 6m away but the outside grouind level is pretty much the same as floor level.

was thinking about a dreaded saniflo but the waste would need to go approx 4m horizontal before rising up to the stack which i believe is no good ?

other possible option is digging down to the waste pipe undergound which i assume is clay ( house built around 1900) and connecting into that.

is there a depth that the clay waste should be at as i would like to know if i will have enough fall under the floor and out through the house to connect into it with 100mm sol pipe .

does he need permission to do this from anyone

thanks

Sponsored Links
You need BCO approval for this work. :(

The clay pipe should be around 750 mm below ground so the fall will not be a problem.

hope thats the case .

will get the spade out to confirm the depth of it

whats the best for connecting into the clay.

tee and a couple of flexicons ?

also were in scotland are the regs the same regard building control

thanks

excavated the clay waste pipe today and a trench to the edge of the house.

fall is fine so thats good.

can someone confirm that i can simply tee into this ?

is it ok with the tee on the horizontal or can i have the tee pointing vertical so the waste enters from the top.

any help appreciated as i need to do this properly

Sponsored Links
first you need to get on to bco, and you haven't bothered.
second the first connection after the rest bend can't be no lower than 450mm to the invert of the drain .

first you need to get on to bco, and you haven't bothered.
second the first connection after the rest bend can't be no lower than 450mm to the invert of the drain .

my m8 is contacting building control its his house.

i have only dug it out to make sure it was possible.

no other work is happening till its ok'd.

just need to know what i'm doing.

thanks for your reply

don't worry till they get in touch they'll tell you what they want, where they want etc.
useally fit a new drain access where the new toilet joins the existing soil waste.

m8 phones me at work today .

tells me he's just phoned the bco and told them what the plan was.

apparently he said just to carry on , dont need a warrant or anytthing

i assume this is not the norm

would i be better phoning myself ?

unuseal for a new addition wc and new connection to underground soil pipe.

I'd want something in writing from the BCO to that effect before I did anything at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back