new unvented hot water system with existing power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please !

I am getting a new unvented hot water cylinder/system fitted (together with solar panels) as I am having my loft converted to include an additional bathroom in the attic.

My problem is that I already have a power shower (triton aquasensation thermostatic as2000t) fitted in my existing bathroom and am unsure whether this will still work or not.
Do I need to remove the power shower and fit a mixer shower or will it be OK?
Is there a way around replacing the shower (eg removing electrical power to the power shower or setting the flow rate high/low) to keep it working.

Help please !

Sponsored Links
as quoted from the triton shower manual

Maximum static inlet pressures 1 bar or 10m (supplies must be gravity fed at nominally equal pressures

so it looks like a new shower im afraid but please wait for the responses of the other members as the may know of a way to over come this situation

with unvented. id defo take this unit out. its not worth the hassel.the unvented installlers should have given advice to a situation like this, on a survey.going from gravity to mains pressure is major issue, as concerned with pipework and fittings.as little as the restrictor for a toilet fill.etc

I'd say don't even try. the only thing you can do is contact triton directly and ask them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back