Power Shower to Mixer - How to ensure same/better performance?

Just have to add @jcwack, with those figure you are at the lower end of the delivery scale for an unvented system therefore you may see drop off if using more that 1 outlet at a time and added pipe noise with the smaller supply.

I would discuss it all with your installer though, he may also be able to advise of a better cylinder over a re-badged budget megaflow

Sponsored Links
Thanks Madrab. That's what I'd presumed, and was about to ask.

It was actually my installer who initially suggested the Premier Plus, and from looking into it, I liked the fact that it's PRV is set to 3.5 bar, rather than 3 like most others seem to be. But I'm now starting to wonder if it's not actually that good a deal.

Would other cylinders give me better performance? Or is it really just down to price & reliability?

Been researching hot water cylinders. Had to discount OSO as their's seem wider than most, and won't fit through my loft hatch. Tempted to go for a Joule, but I don't understand why they operate at only 3 bar, when the PremierPlus is at 3.5 bar? Happy to pay a little more for a little more pressure in my shower.

Tempted to go for a Joule, but I don't understand why they operate at only 3 bar, when the PremierPlus is at 3.5 bar? Happy to pay a little more for a little more pressure in my shower.

Ha .... ever had a shower @3Bar?? Then one at 3.5Bar?? Honestly tho, unless you are driving a large wrap around Multi jet shower system/panel or multiple bathrooms at the same time then you won't need any more than 3bar, you do need to ensure the flow is maximised and pipe noise minimised by trying to get the supply up to 22mm.

Sponsored Links
You’re probably right, and yeh, thinking about future too when we may add 2nd shower. Upgrading to 22mm could be tricky, so will see how the 15mm pipe copes first.

I’m still not clear about the advantages of going for the 3 bar Joules cylinder over the 3.5 bar PremierPlus though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back