New Vaillant Boiler - no working pressure!!

Promise I'm genuine.. Woman that knows nothing of boiler and never been on a forum before.
You must be a very quick learner then... and showing your expertise, as people are giving you the kind of technical information normally reserved for the professionals' secret section!

Sponsored Links
Hi kev. They did the test at the meter. It was 22 on the meter and went to 21 when hob switched on. I think then when boiler switched on. It dropped to zero. They are testing a 22 straight from meter to boiler tonight bypassing the hob. If that doesn't work. I'm guessing it's a blockage. Distance from meter to boiler about 5 meters plus any bends but will be minimal as they're going on the surface of floor.

They did the test at the meter. It was 22 on the meter and went to 21 when hob switched on. I think then when boiler switched on. It dropped to zero.

I think thats most unlikely because it would indicate a fault at the meter/supply.

Previously you indicated that the supply to the hob was fine ( and that it continued to work when the boiler was fired up ).

The latter would indicate a fault between the hob and the boiler.

In making statements which we can use to assimilate the problem its essential that those statements are 100% correct.

But this is such a simple problem that I am very surprised your installers are having such a problem finding it. It does not give people much faith in some gas registered people!

Tony

well the latest from Vaillant is that the pressure should not drop to zero if it was not enough gas supply as you'd still get some gas.. Vaillant now said it might be the guvnor so I've called Transco out... another Vaillant person today said it could be the gas valve.. sending me round in circles..

Sponsored Links
Impossible scenario.
Gauge attached to meter test nipple getting working pressure with hob on 21mb boiler turns on it drops to zero only way that could possible happen is meter governor locking up and staying locked up .
It could not tell whether a boiler or hob was being turned on so would lock up all the time.

And think post is wind up as seems to think 22mmb with no demand the 21 mb with hob on is the same as the 1mb allowed drop in pressure from meter to appliance

I'm not gas, but what would happen at the meter if you had a fully open gas pipe (ie 22mm) would the pressure drop to 0?

What would happen if there was a break in the boiler causing this situation ie no restriction and gas pouring into the boiler?

Also why is it your problem the boiler was dropped by a courier? Unless you arranged the purchase? Personally I would want another boiler fitted if there was a dent.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back