New video door entry with proximity access for my front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am renovating our bungalow and building a new porch, I want to put in new video door entry with proximity access for my front door. I know how all this stuff works as I used to work for an access control/door entry company, although that was some years ago and I've no doubt there is some new cool stuff on the market now.
I would like a fob to get in like PAC but not as expensive, and want a video entry type panel but would like to have this displayed on my monitor via my PC. (I could do this via a separate camera and then just have audio/access control instead if cheaper)
I will probably still have a normal Yale type lock on the door and use a 12v DC lock release mech.
Any ideas appeciated or links to good suppliers. I am not going to spend an arm and leg on this as I know this stuff can be purchased quite cheap in the trade and is easy to install.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I wish I could help, but I too wanted to do this but simply couldn't find a supplier suitable. Most video systems on the market are analogue and don't have a network interface. I did find one piece of kit which would work but it cost too much for me. I used to have various links to websites but alas that was before my hard disk crashed.

At the moment I am only doing structured wiring and putting in Cat5e for the intercom for the future. If you find something suitable please let me know. Thanks.

Hello,
I am renovating our bungalow and building a new porch, I want to put in new video door entry with proximity access for my front door. I know how all this stuff works as I used to work for an access control/door entry company, although that was some years ago and I've no doubt there is some new cool stuff on the market now.
I would like a fob to get in like PAC but not as expensive, and want a video entry type panel but would like to have this displayed on my monitor via my PC. (I could do this via a separate camera and then just have audio/access control instead if cheaper)
I will probably still have a normal Yale type lock on the door and use a 12v DC lock release mech.
Any ideas appeciated or links to good suppliers. I am not going to spend an arm and leg on this as I know this stuff can be purchased quite cheap in the trade and is easy to install.

Cheers

A big issue here is price...and what you want to pay.
At the moment there is not much available that meet your requirement, especially for single door at a sensible price.

That said, i am aware of a unit coming to market that is exactly what you require. Are you prepared to wait and if so, how long?

Sponsored Links
I also know of a unit that will be perfect for this but is not currently available. I know some details about it but unfortunatly price i do not. Just for my info do you have a budget in mind?

I know of IP products for access control (ie cards etc) but not this yet. There are some that use SIP protocol but there is no easy way to get the video from them without a dedicated server.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back