New wall hung basin

Somebody already tried to get the posts back on subject and we're off at a tangent again. Can I suggest you start another thread if it's a different subject (this thread is about fixing basin to wall).

If putting raw plugs (as used in the Fischer kit) in it can really help if you add a touch of fast setting Araldite (or similar) to the plugs as otherwise they might spin and this is very frustrating).

Always use the recommended drill size for the fittings concerned. Don't just think "that drill looks about right"... as that is where the problems begin.

Sponsored Links
have heard some things can be expensive in there????

They can be when they sense fresh meat. It is because they usually have a three tier pricing structure. Over the counter, cash trade, and account trade.

As a plumber i can walk into a merchant when not local to home and they sometimes try it on. Boy does that get me cross!

Key is to build a relationship, use them a few times then it wont seem so intimidating.

Oops sorry Goldspoon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back