New wall with shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully I can explain this properly. I am going to put up a new stud wall around 1150mm in length and I plan to install an 800mm quadrant shower cubicle on part of it. I will use cement board and then tile the shower area. The remaining part of the wall i want to paint so it will need a skim coat. For this area I guess I use normal plasterboard. My query is how do people handle this scenario as the section of wall with skim on it will be 2 or 3mm proud vs the cement boarded section before it is tiled. Do you just put a tile edge strip on close to the border and then tile as normal to achieve a nice clean vertical line between the tiles and the skinned section? Just worried that they will be at different depths. Not sure if I have explained this well enough?

Thanks,
James.

Sponsored Links
If i understand you, you are concerned about the join between the backer board and the plaster board. Dont worry about it. You will tile beyond the enclosure jambs and any minor difference in levels will be picked up by the tile trim piece.

Pre-paint (cut in) up to the backer board, and then you only have to touch up after tiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back