New World CH502 gas boiler

ok..eye's down,look in..for a cold house!!! Got some piccy's for all to mull over but couldn't see part number so will get hold of plumber chap to see if he spotted it on his 'travel'. (hope pics are viewable as taken on N95!!)

Sponsored Links
Agile would you care to look at actros pictures and tell me where this gas valve gets modulated down or is it that advanced it is invisible.

If needed, i may be able to squeeze my fone down the side of gas valve if it makes things a tad easier. Does this shed any light (if not warmth!!) on the matter?

Have worked on close on a hundred 501 and 502`s as new worlds and radiations (there original name).

And none of them have any form of modureg ,it is impossible to fit any form of modulator onto a ITT gas valve which is what was fitted to these boilers. The governor on these valves are completly different from honeywells

In that case you have forgotten the hundred that you have worked on!

The alcohol phial controlled modulating valve is UNDER the MacLaren gas valve as clearly shown on the OP's photo.

View media item 41140
Actoman, whatever happened to your boiler problem?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile .
That is just a big old fashioned the boiler stat,
The closest to what you are trying to describe would be on servowarm elite boilers which had the thermostat file connected to a standard grey push button gas valve with the standard governor and operator removed and an adapted one in its place.

Call it what you will, but it enables the boiler to modulate and when it gets too hot it operates a microswitch to turn the gas valve off.

Apart from possibly the Servowarm, thats the first mass produced modulating boiler that I am aware of.

They were marketed as an innovation in boiler design because they modulated ( and the ones still in use still modulate ) and had a low water content heat exchanger.

Tony

I will still disagree with you that these had any sort of modulation on them till you can show me a picture of a gas pipe going into that stat and back out of it.
Eh i know it was low water content i watched one disintegrate when some one wrongly put DS9 into one

Any advise/help given to this 'newbie' on this matter will be greatley appreciated.. The Gas Valve on this prehistoric piece of equipment has finally given up the ghost resulting in a total loss of central heating..GREAT!! We have had some stoopid amounts quoted on new system but at the moment , all our out of reach. Does anybody know if there is a replacement for this part anywhere in the country as i am having no joy!! I believe that it an ITT part but these also disappeared many years ago. PLS help,upstairs is freezing!!!!
I suppose this has gone cold but just noticed it and it caught my eye as I used to have a CH501 many years ago.
I think posters are not all talking about the same boiler. Mine definitely had a modulating gas valve, with limit switch to cut off gas via the 24 volt solenoid valve at low demand.
Anybody who still needs to fix a CH501/502 - I might be able to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back