Newbie Push-Fit question…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I do a lot of my own plumbing. I taught myself to solder but I don’t do enough (it’s not my day job) to get a good technique going so I’ve mostly done compression fittings.

I had a real plumber move some pipes around ten years ago (a job that I didn’t want to attempt at the time but would be happy to do now) and he used push fit. We’ve not had any problems so I thought I’d give it a go.

My question is, from the photo, should the central piece be all the way down to the nut or is this fine?

This has been water-tight for a week now but I’m worried that with continuous turning on and off of the cold tap, could this work loose over time?

Attachments

• IMG_2299.jpeg
    IMG_2299.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
No that's the grab ring and it will sit proud like that. Perfectly normal

As above... it is as it should be. If you push the ring down, the fitting might blow off the pipe.

Speedfix sell little inserts that go into the gap to reduce the risk of someone pushing down the collar.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back