Newly installed velux in new roof leaks at bottom corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved to my new home, with a VELUX installed. After one month, during a heavy rain the velux started leaking slowly from one the bottom corner.
One structure at the bottom attracted my attention since it seems there is a space where there shouldn't be one. Can somebody tell me if that is the problem? Help would be appreciated. You can see the attached pictures showing the guilty corner.

Sponsored Links
Are you really in Japan? Brand new home? Get the developers back in. Anyway photos of the outside would be better.

Are you really in Japan? Brand new home? Get the developers back in. Anyway photos of the outside would be better.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
Yes, I am really really in Japan (Kyoto). The builders are of course on the case and have seen the pictures but I thought I would investigate myself what happens. Secondary opinion never hurts!
Sorry, no pictures of the outside since it was raining hard when I took these pics. I'll take them tonight, hopefully, and post them later.

Sponsored Links
Ha! Fortunately, seppuku is not anymore practiced. If the builders were to all kill themselves because of their failure to properly install a VELUX, who would them repair it? But then again, "10 years warranty" on the house may mean that they will commit seppuku in case of a problem for 10 years after building the house!
Anyway, here is two new pictures of the two lower corners (quite MACRO) seen from outside. One is the bad corner (right), the other the non-leaking one (left). I can't really tell the difference. Can you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back