News today - CWI disasters

I thought from your forum name you were a plasterer, are you diversifying, or should I say 'spreading out'.
general building, plasterer by trade , fit kitchens bathrooms plumbing carpentry, anything indoors - whole rooms floor to ceiling ,lofts . blockwork patios . no gas,and nothing above eaves outside.

Sponsored Links
i clearly remember the ‘surveyors’ turning up in houses i was working on in the 90s and giving the ok! drill a hole and stick the boroscope in. coastal properties actually subject to driving rain and wind . unbelieveable.

I don't even remember a surveyor visiting, but I might have been wrong - I would have been at work and my partner would have dealt with him, though normally she would have mentioned it. The work took much of the day and I saw their van a few times in the street doing other houses.

We are at a local high spot, on top of a hill, so when the wind blows we certainly get hard driven rain. When blew pre-CWI you could tell from the temperature drop at that side of the house. I can still feel it despite the CWI, but not nearly so easily. Too be honest, we do have one tiny area of damp - at the bottom of an internal wall in the downstairs toilet, at the very bottom. The bottom three inches of plaster blew, but there is nothing visible at the other side of the wall, the under-stair cupboard, which is also plastered and brick. My guess is that the plaster under the skirting, bridged the DPM.

its one big scam. companies in the pockets of local authorities . seen it going on for years and years. from new kitchens to boilers and cwi.
the latest nonsense is ewi .
Can only agree. 'Cowboy builders' from my, admittedly limited, experience the companies come in all forms and for HMG sponsored works it seems a good letter head and business card with a big office staff outweighs experience and knowledge.
I tried in the last round of insulation 'grants' and was turned down for loft insulation as my property didn't have cavity walls - even though the grants were supposedly available to all.
If I have more insulation work done on my property then I think I'll just pay for it out of my own pocket and ignore the grants and grant taking companies.

my sister applied for a boiler through the warm homes grant. she currently has a worcestor sbi in the loft with the flu high on the gable. surveyor turns up...on a motorbike!
“thing is see you’ll not end up with a boiler as good as the one you’ve got because we’ll have to use the grant to pay for a scaffold and routing a condensate pipe”
fekkin clown. nice bike .... gerronit!

Sponsored Links
Almost of these government type grants are generally full of pencil pushers and paper shuffling admin types all. Have there snouts in the trough

The actual tradesman who. Does the job is at the bottom

Sponsored Links
Back