next doors boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My next door neighbour had a new outside boiler installed.It fires up at 4.30 in the morning and then goes on and off at 1minute intervals for 2hrs.Can someone tell me why.

Sponsored Links
Let me re-phrase the question.Is there any reason why a new boiler would need to start and stop at 1 minute intervals for 2 hrs every day.This is directed at people that actually have a knowledge of boilers.

Boiler could simply be oversized and so will switch off/on quickly once the system is up to temperature (especially if the neighbour has TRVs all set low).

In that case, easiest fix would be to fit thermostat to switch the thing off once house is up to temp.

iep

Thanks very much for your information it is appreciated.I didn't realise I had responded in bold and certainly didn't realise this meant I was shouting.However if anyone has been offended I apologise.

Sponsored Links
It can be caused by several installation/commissioning faults.

What I can say is that its not correct but is often experienced when a boiler is installed by lazy, incompetent, unregistered people.

Do you know who installed it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back