Next Question , Thermostat Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the words of advice on the asbestos sheet thread ...

I wonder if i could pick your brains on another matter ?

My warm air unit is a Johnson Starley JT 19-25 mkII , and my thermostat in the lounge is old and past it , i would like to fit another more modern one , and have taken the existing ones cover off to have a look.

It appears to have just two red wires going to it from the wall , and is marked on the inside 24v ( it is an old Satchwell ) .

I think i can replace it with a Sunvic TLX 7501 http://www.sunvic.co.uk/tlx7501.htm and have read a few threads on here about this unit , but i wondered if it is ok to use it to control a warm air unit like mine ?

From reading up on the TLX it seems that it too requires just two wires , and will run at 24v , so seems ideal . I just wondered if anyone knew any different or had any advice before i bought one ?

Many thanks in advance

H

Sponsored Links
Yes that one would be fine. The contacts will have no volts at all on them.

what makes you think the stat i past?no much to go wrong on them. the boiler may just in need of a good service. very important on wau. plus if its not been looked at get the flue looked at.

Sponsored Links
All just been serviced . Flue is good.

The thermostat is old and looks crap , the temperature dial on it doesn't correspond particularly accurately to the temp in the room , so thought it was time for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back