Nicholas Lyndhurst aka Rodney to join new Frasier show

OT but I find Modern Family lol funny, whereas others find it absolute sh1te. Each to our own I suppose :)

Sponsored Links
I've never really watched US comedy programs, I always found them 'diluted' or shallow, compared to home-grown ones.

If you never really watched them how do you know, some good stuff has come out of the US.
There have been some superb TV comedies in the past from America, but I can't think of any good ones from the last 30/40 years. Slight exception for The Simpsons but that gets tedious quickly.

I'm thinking of Sgt. Bilko, Addams Family, Beverly Hillbillies, Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Smothers Brothers, Soap, Taxi, Police Squad.

Best comedy ever I believe is Cheers. Loved it.

Remember Soap. Jessica Tate. My mum would be in fits every Friday night

Daphne's cod-Manchester accent was so bad.
John Mahoney was originally from Manchester (UK) and I often wondered if that's where the tv show got the Manchester connection from. His older sister was a GI bride and sponsored him when he was 18 to emigrate to America. He got two degrees from American universities, did a stint in the US Army and only gained US citizenship in 1971. An interesting bloke.

Sponsored Links
There have been some superb TV comedies in the past from America, but I can't think of any good ones from the last 30/40 years. Slight exception for The Simpsons but that gets tedious quickly.

I'm thinking of Sgt. Bilko, Addams Family, Beverly Hillbillies, Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Smothers Brothers, Soap, Taxi, Police Squad.
Bilko was excellent. In the 80's I used to watch WKRP in Cincinatti. I didn't know anyone else that watched it but it made me laugh.

Recently- Big bang Theory, finished on a high before the shark was jumped, Young Sheldon is ok if a little sugary.

Daphne's cod-Manchester accent was so bad.
John Mahoney was originally from Manchester (UK) and I often wondered if that's where the tv show got the Manchester connection from. His older sister was a GI bride and sponsored him when he was 18 to emigrate to America. He got two degrees from American universities, did a stint in the US Army and only gained US citizenship in 1971. An interesting bloke.
Lol Granny Mooooon

Best comedy ever I believe is Cheers. Loved it.

Remember Soap. Jessica Tate. My mum would be in fits every Friday night
I recall 'Soap' from '79-'81, or thereabouts. Robert Guillame was good as the butler with a dry-wit. Very underrated show, IMO.

Seinfeld is, of course, the greatest ever.

I agree Soap was a good comedy show. As I recall it was on tv on friday evenings followed by WKRP in Cincinatti.

Nicholas Lyndhurst (‘Only Fools & Horses’, ‘Goodnight Sweetheart’) plays Alan Cornwall, Frasier’s old college buddy turned university professor. British, boozy and larger than life, Alan has an intellect on par with Frasier’s – if only he ever felt like using it. Alan’s mischievous streak might be just what Frasier could use to shake up his routine, while Frasier’s thoughtful guidance might help Alan find some of the direction he’s been missing in his own life.

No way can i see 'Rodders' as a professor.

I've never really watched US comedy programs, I always found them 'diluted' or shallow, compared to home-grown ones.
In general I would agree.

But Frasier is an exception, there is nothing diluted or shallow to be found in Frasier, it was a sophisticated sit com with clever interwoven stories in every episode and great acting.

Still Game is the best comedy show I reckon, gutted that they're not going to do another series.

Daphne's cod-Manchester accent was so bad

Daphne (Jane Leeves) came from East Grinstead in West Sussex.

I had a customer in Withyam that I supplied loads of bits of joinery for over the years -he then asked me to look at his neighbours front door, a massive barn conversion. It turned out it was the house of Dapnes mum (her real mum). Very posh lady, either pubic school or "acquired public school".

Sponsored Links
Back