Nightbrite 300W PIR floodlight wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a problem with a PIR floodlight that I'm hoping someone can please help me to solve.

Just had an outside wall rendered, and during the prep, one of the builders very kindly removed the existing floodlight from the wall (after wifey showed him where the meter box was to turn off the power to it)! The trouble is that builder disconnected ALL of the wires from the terminals on the plastic connector unit within the light while he was removing the light from the wall.

The unit is a "Nightbrite 300W floodlight with 140 PIR". Now the light has been working fine for well for ages and I've only had to change one bulb in six years.
I tried to just call the helpline number on the instruction sheet, but they must have moved/gone out of business or something! (Ring Lighting in Leeds).
Can anyone tell me how to reinsert the wiring correctly so that I can put it back onto my wall please. I'll go and by a new replacement if necessary but it seems a bit of a waste to chuck this away.

I've tried to post photos of both the unit's wiring area and the wiring diagram from the instruction sheet that originally came with it, in the hope that these will help. I can use a meter to try and check anything but I'm not an electrician. I've inserted the obvious wires but don't know how to check where the other three (two white and one black are supposed to live.

Thanks for any help,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Almost impossible to say. There are miriad ways to wire up lights like this, and these black and white wires, where are they?
No point buying a new light until the wiring is sorted out.

First of all we need PICTURES

Need photos of:-
the instructions
the wires that are sticking out of the wall
the terminal block in the back of the unit
the connections to any switch that controls this light

How to post photos are detailed HERE

Internal wiring will consist of two conductors to the lamp.

Three conductors to the PIR.

Possibly some earth wires as well.

The two white wires sound like the ones to the lamp.

What colours are the others?

Can you see from the instruction book which "internal" wires go to which "external" wires?

Thanks chaps.
I did upload some pictures earlier but obviously didn't put them in the right place.
They are at [//www.diynot.com/network/pauledward/albums/].

I'll put up another photo of the meter box end, and the cable coming out of the wall which is a 2.5m twin and earth cable. No switch for the light - just the trip in the meter box.

Thanks,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Connect your incoming Live, Earth and Neutral to the bottom three terminals.

Put the black wire back in the top left terminal.

The two white wires go in the two top right terminals (one to the black one, the other in the same terminal as the existing blue wire)

I was hoping it was obvious to someone who knows!

Does it matter which of the whites go in which connection?
I only ask because one has a sheath and one doesn't and I was guessing that that was for a reason.

cheers,
Paul

The red lines just indicate where to put the wires.

The three conductors on the LHS indicate incoming supply cable.

Floodlight.jpg

That's brilliant, will do this later and try it out tonight.

Thank you all very much for your help and advice - even including the photoshop picture.

cheers guys.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back