Nightmare Boiler Installation - Mains Pressure Coil

I don't remember ever fitting a new boiler to a thermal store.

In NW London there were a lot of Potterton boilers fitted with stores but most of them are replaced with a combi which gets over the difficulties of the temperatures.

Some boilers hardly even reach 80 C. I went to a Biasi under warranty which started modulating back at about 77 C and would therefore not reach 80 C on the full load of radiators. The only solution I could see was to "modify" the resistance of the CH thermistor.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Bunny can reach 85c when programmed to do so.
Hey Dan , I can't believe how efficient your thermal store was and you took it out???????

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just messin ;) xxx

nuts2.gif

So you can - I just set my one the other day to 80 to try and preserve the crappy heat exchanger :D.

Sponsored Links
As Dan already knows the Intergas will run up to 90 degrees on the flow. Never tried to see how much condensate is produced then tho.

I can feel an experiment coming on ;)

ssshhhhh Gas..... I've gto a ten year warranty to preserve ;).

My cylinder reheats pretty sharpish with 90 going in. :D. Will put a bucket in line with the condensate pump if you like Razor....but my flue is only 1.5 metres so a lot will be blown out ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back