No access to stop valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change a short length of pipe to my cold water tap in kitchen (mains water). The previous owner of my house has boarded over the mains stop valve! and I can only gain access by cutting through plaster board. Does anyone have any other ideas for disconnecting from mains for approx 10 min. There is a valve in street but I do not have a T bar.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

You can make up your own t-bar.

Long piece of 2by1, cut V notch in the end, nail another pce across the top and you away.

A part from that stopcock leys are only about a fiver.

Rico

Obvious answers are to get a T bar and make a hole in the plasterboard!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The outside stopcock can be nightmare sometimes but should be accessible
Ideally though the one inside your house should be readily accesible specially in the case of an emergency.I suggest you cut the plasterboard back as necessary and make sure you can get to it easily,one never knows when a emergency make occur burst pipes,leaks etc and the amount of damage water can do in short space of time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back