No BT Master socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I'd appreciate an opinion from someone else here, just to be on the safe side :)
I'm moving to BT from VM (Long story, but totally oversubscribed area, and internet is worse than useless), and I've got no BT master socket whatsoever.
To the best of my knowledge, there has been no BT line for at least 7 years (I've been here for 5, and I know the previous owners were on VM)

I've got a line entering the top of the porch from the overhead pole across the road, and sadly I don't have access to the porch roof, as there's a lovely false ceiling hiding the slope.
All I can find is this on the wall next to the porch:
23o3si.jpg

It's in the right area, and has cables coming from there to several ex extensions, although all of these were connected to the VM line at one stage, and did have Bell Cablemedia branded faceplates on them.

BT are supposed to be installing on the 21st, and I've obviously let them know I've got no current line, but is there anything else I could/ should be doing?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
It's an install by Sky to be specific, although they use BT Openreach to do the work, and they're charging £10 ( :LOL: )
No idea what they're likely to try and do or not do, hence why I'm seeking a little advice in the first instance.

Obviously, assuming those are the original BT wires, they can't really connect to those as there's a central heating pipe in the way, but I do have vauge visions of them knocking a hole in my porch roof or something!

Sponsored Links
They will probably block it at the eaves and change the cable from the eaves to the master socket,tell them its for the sky box and you need it next to the t.v.

P.s they wont damage your porch roof and if its a flat roof they are not allowed to walk on it unless they are flat roof trained and use crawler boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back