No dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has a small sunroom built full height and had a breeze block wall built on the inside after it was put up all the way round now there is no dpc or membrane in the base and the paint has started to come off on the inside. what would be the easiest way to sort the wall out? he said its only about 2meters that needs sorting thanks for your help.

remember im not going to be able to get at the wall from the outside only the inside

Sponsored Links
Silicon injection?

Google damp proofing in your area and if you go down this route get at least three quotes and ask what product they use, I've only had it done a few times and each time they used Sovereign which seems pretty good stuff.

is there not anything that i could do for him instead of getting someone else in

Sponsored Links
The reason im asking is because what he wants me to do is try and take out the bottom row of blocks about 6 of them he said then put dpc down well obviously i dont want to do that incase the blocks above fall down which know doubt they probaby will.

What about sealing it and if so what sealer and it has to be a sealer that i can put masonry paint on

How much is it going to cost to have a professional job done and have silicon injected?

Why don't you get some quotes before you do anything else?

The reason im asking is because what he wants me to do is try and take out the bottom row of blocks about 6 of them he said then put dpc down well obviously i dont want to do that incase the blocks above fall down which know doubt they probaby will.

Please, if you go down this route can you get it on film... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: on the plus side you should be able to get £250 from YBF :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know tell me about it he does come up with some stupid ideas. Ill have to go over there and have a look.

Some hire shops have the gear for injecting, worth a few phone calls I reckon.

This sun room, is it connected to the main building? If so is the main building solid or cavity wall construction? If solid wall then the damp will penetrate and give you more problems.

How is silicone injection going to stop moisture coming across the wall?

How is silicone injection going to stop moisture coming across the wall?

If he gets the damp done by injection that will stop the rising damp, its also possible to drill a few vertical holes and inject.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back