No earth?

securespark said:
While you're at it, the board is a bit long in the tooth - brown bakelite Wylex box. Main switch rated at 60A?
Is that likely with a 6-way board?

The r/h device looks like a BS88 cart fuse. Is it 40/45A?
It's on a white carrier with a white label - 5A? Looks just like the 5A cartridge device in my Wylex catalogue...

Plus, the fuseholder adjacent to the BS88 seems like the (red?) coloured spots are discoloured - is this due to o/heating?
They look yellow to me, so the order is all wrong. If I'm right, then moving away from the switch we have 5A, 20A, 5A, 5A, 30A, 15A.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
securespark said:
While you're at it, the board is a bit long in the tooth - brown bakelite Wylex box. Main switch rated at 60A?
Is that likely with a 6-way board?

Yes. Don't forget these boards were introduced in 1956. Their ratings were much lower as loadings were much lower then, plus, meters and fuses were rated as low as 40A. Certainly they never had anything near a 100A switch rating, which means that adding any circuit over 30A is a no-no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back