No heat in 1 rad and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of help, Ive no heat in 1 rad, its the rad furthest away from the boiler ( I had a small leak in a pipe fixed and since then it started, want to see if I can do it myself before I call back the plumber) and no hot water, Ive tried to bleed it but all that comes out is water, the pipes leading to and from the rad are stone cold too but I cant trace where these pipes come from exactly, Ive been up in the attic and the pipes going to that region are hot, the pipes going to the hotwater cylinder are also cold, again near the rad with the problem
The pressure is about right at 1bar
Would I be right in saying that if there is a bubble in the system, I just keep on bleeding the rad till it comes out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have a problem with a motorized valve on the hot water side that is stopping the water from going around the cyld, have a look on the end of the valve there is normally a manual position for imergencies pull over the lever and push into the slot, it should work, if so then the head or the motor need replacing , as far as the rad not working try turning some of the others off and see if it works then if it does then it prob just needs ballancing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back