no heating, just hot water - Baxi Solo 2 40 pf HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Previously my boiler packed up (//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbi...ease-not-running-heating-or-hot-water.387918/) - new air pressure sensor fitted but now it's only heating hot water, not the radiators.

The guy who diagnosed the initial problem and fitted the new sensor said the heating not working would be the controls or the room thermostat. So I switched the HW and the CH wires in the controls and calling for CH turned on the HW as expected. It's obviously sending the message to call for heat so I switched the wires back to normal.

Assumed this meant the room thermostat was at fault. I replaced it and the light comes on on the wall unit when it's calling for heat. However, the boiler does not illuminate the lights, not even the "boiler on" light.

I'm now lost - anyone got any suggestions please? I have a "Y" valve upstairs and pushing the motor to the CH setting fires up the pump and the boiler ignites as it should. The controls are fine, thermostat fine (I believe) and boiler is operational. What does that leave?!

Sponsored Links
In case this helps, I replaced the thermostat with a Honeywell T6360 (original was T6060B).

Is there a way to test the motor on the valve upstairs? This was replaced only a few months ago however.

Any help appreciated, thanks

You need to set to with a multimeter and trace the faulty component. If you look at a Y plan diagram you can trace which wires should be live.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back