no heating only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i cannot get heating only to come on. the boiler will not light but when i put hot water on boiler comes on fine, room stat is ok 3 way valve is ok .
I have to have the programmer on for water and heating for the heating to come on, Any body got any ideas....

Sponsored Links
If what you say is true then I would suspect there is no HW off connected from programmer to valve.

unfortunately the 3 way valve is not ok.
It might go to the correct position, but a faulty micro switch within the valves head would prevent the boiler from lighting.
This switch is not used for this purpose whenever HW is included in the demand (power from cylinder stat lights boiler)
If valve does not go to correct position, then that could be due to, wiring fault or valve spindle too stiff or valve motor/ micro switches.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a multimeter? If so check that there is 230V between the valve's blue and grey wires when CH only is required. You need to check this under two conditions:

1. HW is ON at timer and HW stat turned low.
2. HW is OFF at timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back